Time: 3 hrs 36 mins
Total Time : 20 hrs 14mins
I had a few hair front pieces from other kits I was tempted to use but I've been avoiding any serious attempts at sculpting for a long time now so I forced myself to have a go. It took forever but I ended up with a result that I'm comfortable with. I'll make a silicone impression for this and make a resin copy as the Klean Klay used never dries/sets.
A thicker layer of silicone was added once the first layer cured, no mould release was needed silicone comes off most things quite easily. There is a large gap that needed to be filled otherwise the resin would leak over and I wouldn't be able to cast the piece. I used some polyester putty for this, I tried clay to start with but I couldn't get it to adhere to the silicone. The putty didn't completely seal the open area but it did a good enough job.