Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Shuichi - Finally another update!!! Repositioning the right arm

-------------------------------
Time: 1hr 15mins
Total Time : 12hrs 30mins

-------------------------------

I decided the two outstretched arms just didn’t suit what I was looking for so I thought I’d chop one and bend it upwards, this will be the microphone hand and the other hand will be holding the microphone stand. I was a bit scared about chopping and having to reform the elbow. Next time I do this I’m going to mark where the pieces joined because as soon as I chopped I couldn’t figure out which was the arm went back on once I had it in the new position!!! I used the cutting tool on the dremel to slice the arm, didn’t take very long at all although the cut was a little messy.


I pinned with a sewing pin as the wire I had was a little thick for this piece.



The gap left in the elbow was mammoth so I used some magic sculpt to reshape.





After some rough sanding and polishing the elbow is done! I broke the hands off the sprues so I could see how it all looks together, so far so good, I may have to muck around later to ensure they sit how I want.













No comments: