Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Shuichi - Back into it!

-------------------------------
Time: 58mins
Total Time : 21hrs & 58mins

-------------------------------




Finally back into it, I won’t go into detail as to why I didn’t model for a few months although a lot of you already know the reason. Anyhow it’s back on and I’m determined to make some decent progress on this Shuichi so I can start other projects.





I finally started to work on make the rolls in the cloak less prominent. Firstly though I thought one or two sections of the cloak need to be a different shape. This was my intention from the start but after experimenting with different ways to create the shape I ended up giving in and using that wire. Now I finally have a better idea although being the first try it may not work. Basically I sculpt using Klean Klay, this product NEVER hardens, no matter what you do to it. It’s the main sort of clay used when making silicone moulds because it can be shaped poured over with silicone and reused over and over. Its oil based and a dream to work with.


I’ve made the basic shape of one end of the cloak and have rolled out some fresh Magic Sculpt and laid it over the Klean Klay. As mentioned previously Magic Sculpt will shop up the smallest details when it’s used like this, which is ideal for what I’m after but caused no end of suffering when I used it to mould over and make his shorts, even the masking tape would show up with it, it caused me to waste a lot of time sanding. This time however, that’s what I need it to do.


Hopefully once this cures overnight the Magic Sculpt will NOT stick to the Klean Klay. We’ll see, if it works then I’ll use this mode again because it allows me to sculpt over the model without having any of the clothes stuck permanently to the figure.

No comments: